I decided to have some fun while studying “the zoo” by making a zoo-themed snack mix. (What’s more fun than fun food?)
I pinned a recipe on pinterest a couple of weeks ago that sounded interesting to me. My friend re-pinned the recipe, then shared her own variation of it at our picnic lunch during our zoo trip (I didn’t have any, but I’m told she added chocolate chips. :)). The recipe is so versatile! I came up with my own little version, with the help of Curly-Top, Rey, and Dee while shopping for ingredients.
ZOO SNACK MIX
- 2 cups Apple Cinnamon Cheerios® cereal
- 2 cups Toasted Whole Grain Oat (Generic for Cheerios® brand) cereal
- 2 cups Honey Nut Spins (Generic Cheerios® brand) cereal
- 1 cup regular animal crackers
- 1 cup chocolate animal crackers
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel twists
- 1-1/2 cups Goldfish “Colors” snack crackers
- Approximately 3 oz. Brach’s Gummi Bears
- 1 cup of peanuts
100% Kid-made (no cooking — just measure, pour, and mix!)
with hidden fractions practice — and lots of self-satisfaction!