DAY 5: EDIBLE “BIRD’S NESTS”
These are quick, yummy, AND a great way to use that Easter candy that you bought for 50% off the day after Easter. ;)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- jelly beans (we used the miniature “Jelly Belly” type)
- marshmallow “peeps”
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, and repeat, until chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in chow mein noodles until fully coated.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto prepared baking sheet, forming a nest shape with your fingers.
- Place a few jelly beans in the center of each nest for eggs.
- Top the nest with a marshmallow “peep”.
- Refrigerate until firm.