Getting close! (Thankfully! This body just isn’t big enough for the two of us anymore.) I can’t wait to hold my little one in my arms!
My midwife appointment on Thursday revealed:
- Weight: 153 lbs (30.5 lb. gain total)
- Blood Pressure: 96/68
- Blood Sugar: “Good” (didn’t ask for the numbers)
- Iron: Not so good. 30 — and it needs to be 32 for delivery.
I can’t win. Although I am taking iron supplements, the calcium supplements that I am taking to cope with the SPD seem to be canceling them out. *SIGH*
- Baby: Heartbeat sounds good (again, I didn’t ask for the number.)
Head down, anterior, and “very low” – in great position for birth!
- Cervix: 2 cm dilated and “very soft” – seems all those irritating contractions are doing some good after all!
Now we wait…and try to increase the iron level. Still waiting for the GBS results. Still nesting – trying to get the house organized and “perfect”. I think we have everything ready for the baby and the birth, except that we need to put the back row of seats in the van so we can fit everyone. (Van currently only seats 11. The back seat will turn it back into a 15-passenger.)
And when I say it looks like I swallowed a beach ball…
Yup, that’s me…with a 45 inch waistline!
Baby Game -
I created a “baby pool” at ExpectNet.com, for my entertainment. Feel free to join in!
Just for a little background info:
- My previous babies were born at 36 (1), 37 (3), 38 (3), and 39 (2) weeks
- They ranged in weight from 5 lbs. 12 oz to 7 lbs. 12 oz. (the earliest was not the lightest, and there was almost a whole lb. difference between the two latest.)
- So far, 5 girls and 4 boys. The sonographer told us that this current baby is indeed a girl — but she originally told us the same thing with Rey, who is most certainly a BOY!
So…ready to enter your guesses?