- 1/2 pound tilapia fillets
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 large lemons
- steak seasoning
- dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the fish fillets into a 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Slice the lemons in half, and squeeze the juice out over the fillets, turning them to coat thoroughly. Sprinkle steak seasoning to taste over both sides of the fillets.
- Lay a slices of Swiss cheese over the fillets so they are covered. Place tomato slices over the cheese. Sprinkle dried oregano over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Grilled Yellow Squash
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Cut the squash horizontally into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick slices so that you have nice long strips that won’t fall through the grill.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan, and add garlic cloves. Cook over medium heat until the garlic starts to sizzle and become fragrant. Brush the slices of squash with the garlic oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill squash slices for 5 to 10 minutes per side, until they reach the desired tenderness. Brush with additional garlic oil, and turn occasionally to prevent sticking or burning.
Both of these recipes courtesy of allrecipes.com.
398 calories and 9 net carbs per serving.