Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 15 Minutes
Yields: 2 servings
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2-1/4 teaspoons mayonnaise
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 pound tilapia fillets
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
Spinach Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
Yields: 2 servings
4 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried
1-1/2 teaspoons butter
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
3 ounces goat cheese, sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
- Arrange the spinach on two plates.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat, and add crushed garlic. Cook and stir until slightly golden. Stir in breadcrumbs. Drop the goal cheese slices into the breadcrumbs a few at a time, and turn to coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place a slice or two of goat cheese on each serving of spinach, and drizzle the salads with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
This meal contains 12 net carbs and 710 calories per serving.
Both recipes came from allrecipes.com and were re-sized to two servings.